Saturday, March 13, 2010

How I lost my SMT virginity...

Finally! My first PCBs from Batch PCB were delivered yesterday. This one is a double sided USB / serial converter, with solder masks and silksceen and it looks good! Very good.

The design is a FT232 IC breakout board. If it works good, I'm going to use it to add USB support to many of my future designs.

Well, how does it look when all the components have been soldered in place? Have a look at the second image. Not bad ey?

SMT soldering was a bit harder than I had anticipated. Mostly because the components are really tiny. The 100nF caps were almost impossible to place; I need to get me a new pair of really pointy tweezers.

1 comment:

  1. The design of this PCB look really cool. Nice and such a brilliant post.
    Circuit Board

    ReplyDelete